Ravindra Jadeja was born on 6 December 1988 in NAvagam-Khed, Saurashtra. His name was the gist of his full name Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja. He is a magnificent all-rounder in all formats of cricket. His name came out from the Ranji Trophy where he smashed three triple centuries and now he becomes the backbone of the Indian Cricket squad since he made debut in International Cricket.
It is arduous to become a star in a particular field when your parental root doesn’t have any belongings to this field. For example to become a Bollywood star from a middle class or poor family is very tougher than who has family back-ground of Bollywood stars.
On occasion of his 29th birthday, we searched some less known facts related to his life.
- He was born in an ordinary middle-class family where his father was a security guard.
- His father wanted to join the army but his passion enticed him towards the cricket. His mother helped him to pursue his passion.
- Jadeja was the youngest of all siblings. He couldn’t be witnessed much love from his mother and he lost his mother in a tragic accident in 2005. He couldn’t bear with this and totally shattered from inside and almost gave up on his passion, cricket. But his sister became the boon for him and upheld him in achieving his dream to play for the Country.
- He leads the U-19 national squad at age of 16. By seeing his performance he picked for the U-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka. India finished as runner-up but Jadeja picked three important wickets against Pakistan.
- He made his first-class debut in 2006-07 Duleep Trophy. He played for the west zone and leads the Saurashtra in Ranji trophy.
- Jadeja became 8th player in the world and first Indian to score three triple hundreds in first-class cricket and joined the list with legends like Don Bradman, Brian Lara, and WG Grace.
- After his plausible 2008-09 Ranji season where he showed all-rounder form along with 42 wickets and 739 runs, he was selected for ODI series in Sri Lanka. He got a chance to play final match in the series in which he scored 60* but ended on the losing side.
- In August 2013, Jadeja top the ICC ODI bowling list. He was the first bowler to reach this feat after Anil Kumble in 1996. He was the 4th Indian bowler after Kapil Dev, Manider Singh, and Anil Kumble to be ranked no. 1.
- He has an immense love for the horse and he has two horses Ganga and Kesar, they are halted at his farmhouse near to Jamnagar.
- Jadeja is widely known for his nickname “Sir” after his incredible performance in the 2009 ICC T20 World Cup.
- He is obsessed with no. 12. He feels it his lucky charm to him. So He wears no. 12 jersey in Cricket and also inaugurated his restaurant on 12 December 2012.